Friday 4 July 2014

One Quarter Through My Mission

With Elder Hoole and Elder Willis
I have now been out on my mission for over 6 months now! I can't believe that I have been out that long already! I have learned a lot! Due to having a busy schedule today, I will be keeping this blog post short. We got our transfer calls this past week! 


What did I do this week in a nutshell? On Tuesday morning we visited a potential investigator. The son opened the door and the family was super nice! They are catholic and we talked with them about their and our beliefs.We were able to learn about their religion as we answered their questions about our beliefs. 

We did some service for a older man on Tuesday too! It was a lot of fun and came out of nowhere! We needed help from a member as we are not permitted to use electric tools, the member operated the aerator tool while I went behind him and moved the lawn. 

Elder Hoole came to our area for exchanges (You change companion for 24 hours to learn from others). We had a great day. In the morning we went back to the older man's home and did his back garden! Brenden Phung helped us again! At the end he insisted on us plucking plums from his tree, so we took a lot! The people here are great! We are getting fed so much good food! After that service project we cycled in the morning from one end of our area to the other end of our area! MAN! That was good exercise!
Sunburn
We did more service for Banks this week and saw a lot of frogs in his pool! The p0ol is very empty and so I cleaned the bottom (the deep end had water in it.) Then we got an unexpected phone call offering us to do more service. We went over to the Cox family and helped them move a lot of boxes into storage! It was a lot of fun! I love service. Afterwards I noticed that my arms where hot! :-) 

Later that night we went on splits with ward members to see some members who haven't been to church in a while. I went with our Elders Quorum president, President Wolf. We visited a single man who just moved into the ward and that was interesting. 

On Friday we got a phone call from missionaries from a bordering mission, the San Jose mission! They asked us to help a person move into our ward.  We are getting pro at helping people move! I love it! 

Later that day we helped the Bairds move a lot of food storage into a pod container for storage. They are moving to Colorado. We also taught a lesson to a young man called Nick! We met him a few weeks ago and he was very open to talk about religion. He even went home and talked to his parents who now are also open to learning more! 
Transfer calls! I am staying here in San Ramon and Elder Flinders will be my new companion for 6 weeks! 

We taught a member a missionary lesson on Sunday, it went well and I always learn a few things from these lessons. I also like them because it gives us a chance to bare our testimonies. I know this church is the true church on the earth today and I know that we have a living prophet who guides this church. 

I love you all and I hope that you will all have a great week!


-Elder Kloosterboer