Saturday 8 February 2014

Signs

Time seems to be really strange on the mission. This week has been good. Last week Wednesday I cut my own hair for the first time in my life and I think it looks great! Elder Brown, my companion, did his own hair and he missed a massive spot at the back! So I thought I would help him. We have been making a few signs because we would like to teach more people. I have only taught one lesson since being out in the field. I have learnt that success is not the amount of people being baptized, but rather it is doing the best you can, just going for it. 

We are visiting some people who the ward and other missionaries having been working on for a long time and they are going to be baptized soon. Then another person is going to be baptized soon too!

This is the church, its pretty big inside.

I decided to write, "You are a Child of God" on one of the posters. We have plans to try it out this week and on another sign we are making we are making a really simple plan of happiness diagram.  At church last Sunday I really liked it when a primary person went up and shared two lines. "I know god loves me, I know this church is true" and it just brought the spirit and it was nice to hear. 


This past Friday to Saturday I went on 
exchanges with the zone leaders. It was really good and lasted 24 hours. Though the worst part was that
they had like no food in the apartment so we went out for lunch. While at lunch my companion, Elder Collard - or something - went to the bathroom and while I was standing there I started to to a lady who was drinking coffee. I talked to her and then left her with a pass along card which see really seemed to study. We left and talked to a total of 24 people or so that day. Luckily for me the zone leaders are in a car area so I got a rest from biking! I love biking though and we do a lot of miles each day! 

We were able to go to the temple last week and it was really good.

We bought a MICRO usb to usb so I can now upload some photos although the computers at the library are very old and slow. I was finally able to catch up on some emails but still not able to do it all as I didn't have much time last week and then this week it was difficult to get on the computers at the library. Hopefully we'll get ipads soon. That would speed up the work - everyone here is connected lol.
 
I am enjoying this experience. It rained this week for the first time and I was able to use my rain coat which was cool. Sun now and I am in a short sleeved shirt. This week marks my one month birthday of my mission! See you all next week!
 
Love, Elder Kloosterboer