Tuesday 17 November 2015

My Final Transfer!

With Tracy
Hey everyone, 

This week was pretty good. On Saturday I was filled with a lot of  joy because Tina, who I taught in the beginning of my mission went though the temple for her first time! There I saw a few people from San Ramon 2nd ward which was extremely nice to talk to them again. 

On Tuesdays we go with the High Priests to visit those members who are now less active. We had a successful night and were able to visit 4 people that evening. It is a lot more effective to go on splits with members as we can visit more people and I noticed that people are more open to letting you in if they know the other person. 

Tracy is doing awesome! She will be baptized this Saturday! Last week we went over to sister Jackman's home where her boyfriend, who is also called Tracy, was there. She asked us for two copies of the Book of Mormon and she said that she would make us pumpkin pie - so we came and made the transaction :-). We now have two pumpkin pies in the fridge with whipped cream :-). But I won't see any of this food anymore, nor will I see Tracy be baptized.  

With Jale Silatolu
I am getting transferred! I will be in Crystal Springs 2nd ward for my last 6 weeks! This is on the other side of the Bay so it will be my first and last time to serve over on the other side. 

Well, I have enjoyed serving in Hayward 4th and now it is time to finish up my mission with a blast in a new area! Each area that I serve in I learn to grow and love the people there and I learn so much from everyone around me. I love it! 

10lbs of candy!
Even though I know I am not allowed to come back for a few hours to see Tracy's baptism I know it is important to listen to our inspired leaders - even if it doesn't make sense to us. If we obey then we are blessed. "There is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessings are predicated— And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." (Doctrine and Covenants 
130:20-31.) I know that is true by experience and seeing it in action. And God does not lie. In the name of Jesus Christ amen. 

Sinterklaas pakketje from Holland


Tracy