Tuesday 11 August 2015

Small World - yet again!

With Clare
View over San Francisco
Did a lot of fun things this week. We got a phone call asking if we could give a priesthood blessing to a women who was in the intensive care. But in order to do so we needed another male to come with us as that is a rule (we need a member of the same sex with us when we go to visit other members of the opposite sex). We got a few phone numbers from the missionaries who serve in that area (as it isn't in our area) Brother Langford picked us up - when we got in the car he asked us what our names were and he said he knew my name from somewhere. So I told him where I had lived and he said yes, "Broomfield!" He has served a mission there with his wife about a year ago. They gave a talk when I gave my farewell talk in my home ward! What a small world! hehe. 

We did a lot of service this week. We helped a women clean her back garden, I was blowing all the leaves away while my companions fixed one of the lights - they put a new chain on it. We also helped one of our members take this huge piece of tree to the junk! It weighed a ton! But somehow we were able to do it! 

On Sunday a couple of our investigators came to church. Clare and Joan both enjoyed it a lot! In the meeting it was funny because out of the blue they said over the pulpit that we had a new elder and asked if I could come up and introduce myself. Even though I have done that a few times before I still got nervous but once up there I made sure I applied a few tricks that I had learned from my sales classes at LDS Business College which helped a lot. We also went to a fireside, Why I Believe. It was good but we couldn't hear half of it as the sound wasn't working in the back. But I did see Lyana, whose baptism had just happened a few hours before! It is the best to bring other to the waters of baptism and next week she will receive the Holy Spirit. 
We have a new rule in this mission - we can only listen to Hymn arrangements and Mormon Tabernacle Choir music. This will help us be more spiritually in tune to what the Spirit tells us what to do.  

Things are going well here. Hope you are all doing swell! 

I know that this church is true and it has brought me so much happiness! I love the gospel and wish I could share it with everybody! 
Smile!
Love you all!