Friday 7 November 2014

Onward

Our District
​Hello,

We got transfer calls late Saturday night and both Elder Nelson and I are staying. However the sisters in our ward are both leaving. Sister Fitu is going home and sister T. is going to be serving in a Tongan ward (in the same building!) ​


Here are a few things that have happened this week. On Monday it was Elder Nelson's Birthday, and there was a zone activity where we carved pumpkins. I had a tiny baby pumpkin compared to everyone else (I thought it would be less work, it seemed like it was more work though haha).

Elder Nelson with a Pumpkin
We went on exchanges. I went to Hayward 2nd area where we had a fun day. We met lots of people and just had a fun time teaching in unity. 


Happy Halloween! We were in by 5 and then started to deep clean the apartment. (Missionaries are always working!) We spent about 3 hours cleaning and it looks so much better! 


We also went to a baptism on Saturday where the spirit is always present. I gave a talk on the spirit and I spent too long preparing it, next time I think I am going to wing it ;-) hehe. 


Me on the Phone While Elder Nelson was Playing the Piano
We also had a few parties this weekend! On Saturday a few hours after the baptism we had a trunk or treat! It was pretty fun! There was a haunted house but we just missed it :-( haha. On Sunday evening, we went to our ward mission leaders home where a lot of people came. There was a pig cooked and then we wished sister Fitu good luck back home. 


I love being a member of Jesus's church here on earth. I know that the proper priesthood authority has been restored to this earth through the prophet Joseph Smith. It is by this authority that I was commanded to have the spirit with me at all times so long as stay worthy. I know this is true. 
Model of the Salt Lake Temple


I also wanted to share the power of music. When we are faced with adversity we can sing a song that invites the spirit. I know this is a protection.  I love what God has said about music. "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with blessing upon their heads."
The Sisters and Recent Converts

Hope you will all have a great week! 


Love Elder Kloosterboer