Saturday 7 March 2015

My First Ever Crash!

Lots of fruits!
Hey everyone :-)

This has been an interesting week! Last week Saturday I started to be sick and then on Sunday was better. Then on Monday I stared to have the flu! Some members gave us all of these fruits! For the first time in my life I am eating something really healthy for breakfast! haha. The picture with me on the ground was when I was on a phone call on Monday evening just about to start an exchange.

Elder Han and I were in my area and it was fun. I had a light headache the whole day and had difficulty sleeping. I only missed about 15 minutes of personal study! We worked the whole day knocking on doors and we even said a prayer with a woman who opened her door at just the right time - just as we were walking away - we were able to hear her open the door. 
On the phone on the ground when feeling sick
That day our mission president decided to come to the district meeting which I am in charge of! haha. It was not a lot of fun being sick and still leading the meeting. But all of us enjoyed it. Then we went to dinner and we stayed in the rest of the evening. 

Cyrena on the left and Tammy on the right
Something really cool happened this week! Not only was it my first car accident ever - it was Tammy's first car accident too! Tammy is a student who goes to East Bay college and she helps us out with a lot of things! An elderly man crashed into her! She said that when she met him she was prompted to invite us to meet him! We went to visit him a bit later and he wasn't home. The funny thing is that he lives in the same apartment complex as the family who told us that we couldn't meet with them anymore. At this time we were on exchanges with the zone leaders and as we were getting back to the car Elder Gillie said that he had an impression to go back inside the complex and talk to the family who dropped us. We went back and this family was so happy to see us! And we were so glad to see them again! We just talked a bit, but it was good. 

We are excited for this week as we are going to be teaching a few new people! One of the men that we teach is Don! At the end of each lesson he is super happy and he even says that each time we come we lift his spirits. And yes, that is what the gospel does to us, it helps us find peace in life. We also taught Cyrena this week who is a recent convert. Normally her room mate who brought her into the Church, Monique, would usually be there - but she was in San Francisco when I took this picture. 

So that is a little bit of this week! There is so much that happens in a week that there is not time for it all. But I hope you are all doing well! I am enjoying my mission and it is hard, but it is so worth it! 

Elder Otuafi with his new eye
This is the best thing that I have ever done in my life! It has been super great to see all the miracles that happen each day! I know that this is His church and that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that God still talks to us today and we are blessed to have a living prophet on this earth with the proper priesthood keys to direct this church and to bless us. I know that the power of the priesthood is real. I use it and I see its power. I know that we are Gods children and that he loves us so much! In the Name of Jesus Christ, amen. 

Love, Elder Kloosterboer