Wednesday 7 October 2015

Hayward-bound

Good week this week. 

I am leaving to Hayward 4th, making this my shortest area of only 9 weeks! We did a few service projects this week. On Thursday we helped Salvation Army with Christmas signups. We had to make sure that the people had photo ID and all these documents to verify themselves and such, but that was not the hard part, the difficult part was that a lot of them spoke Spanish and a few only spoke Spanish... I had no idea how to help lol. 

I really liked a lot of things from General Conference but one thing I want to apply from the prayer that was said in one of the sessions was to "Enjoy to the End" so that is what I will be doing these next 12 weeks! 

Went on exchanges - Elder Hibbert is super tall and this is what happened to my bike! I was with Elder Toleman in the Cambodian 10th branch. We did a lot of work and we even taught Savanna who the elders hadn't seen for a while. We answered a few of her questions and we also visited a few others. 

I am so glad that I am out here to share such a powerful message with the people here. I love teaching our brothers and sisters because they become so much more happier and I can feel the spirit as we meet. I love the feelings of the spirit, In the bible it says this about the feelings of the spirit "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." As I serve I feel this, It is the spirit who guides us in the Work. Why because this is Gods work. If it wasn't, missionaries would have messed it up a long time ago. 

Will see you all next week!

Pictures

Bike after exchanges
Doing service at Salvation Army 
We had to give a lesson on this

Oreos and whipped cream