Wednesday 24 December 2014

Merry Christmas

Transfer Day


Too much dinner!
Merry Christmas! 

Hope you will all have a good Christmas to celebrate :-) I am super excited! As a missionary we only get to see our family two times a year over Skype; Mothers day and Christmas. So I am pretty excited to see my family! ​

It feels weird that it is Christmas because it is nice and warm outside! 


I wish all my missionary friends a Merry Christmas too. I know you will get this email a week late. Also something funny - my trainer, Elder Brown gave me his email but I wrote it wrong and so as a result I had been sending my blogs each week to him and also to another elder who has the same name but who is serving in the New York South Mission!  

This has been a busy week. On Tuesday I got my new companion! His name is Elder Otuafi, from Tonga. He is pretty funny. We did 60 miles in the car that day because we had so much to do. I also led my very first district meeting as a new district leader :-) I really love being a district leader! The spirit guides me when as I prepare for the district meetings and as I make trainings to help us all become better missionaries.

We had a meeting in Oakland on Friday to train me how to be a district leader. I am excited to be able to serve other missionaries. 

Putting sand bags out
We went caroling with the Youth and it was pretty fun! It worked out really well since our plans fell through and we arrived at the church at the perfect time to join them! We also did some service for a member. Since with all the rain their drains got stuck with mud from their garden and it flooded their garage! So we helped them put sand bags up. It was fun to help, and we got some good lunch! 
Some presents
Finally we taught Ishmale. Elder Nelson and I had ran into him a few times and he finally made it a higher priority to meet with us. We met in Starbucks! It was my first time ever to teach a real lesson in a food place. He told us that he believed contrary to what his church believes in and he said that when he first talked to us he said that he was surprised that we agreed with what he believed in. But he is in the process of moving so he wants to wait until he is more stable. Man, if people could just know that the gospel will bless their lives they would put off everything to partake of this fruit. 

I know that this gospel is true. I have seen it bless people more than you can imagine. I love it! 

I love you all, and thank you all for praying for me. I need it. 

Love, Elder Kloosterboer