Thursday 9 January 2014

One Week in the MTC Already and not Homesick!

Sorry folks, no photos this week but here is a link to where I am http://www.mtc.byu.edu/themtc.htm.

This week has been amazing! When I got out of the car last week Wednesday I just could not stop smiling! I felt so happy to be here at the MTC.  When I first got here I was actually supposed to go to a different district (a small group of people) because I never told the MTC that I spoke English well. So we were able to make a few changes and because of that I have the opportunity to be in a companionship of 3.  It is so nice having three massive meals a day. I take about two plates for each meal and always drink Chocolate milk! Unfortunately none of our photos taken can connect to the computers so pictures will come in a few weeks. Also here at the MTC, never drink orange juice, unless you want to end up like one of the elders in my district! (Sick!) 

In my companionship there is Elder Arp and Elder Pullen. Elder Arp is from Samoa and Elder Pullen is from Nebraska. I can't believe that we have all been here a week already as it feels like we know each other very well. I would write more, but do not have time to do so. We have been given 60 minutes to write emails instead of just 30. I have learned a lot about a companionship in just a week. In our room is also Elder Pua and Elder Fa'afalelave they are both Polynesian and so is my companion, Elder Arp. They are so amazing! We always walk around together so really this is a 5 man companionship! It is so much fun! The first night we talked and every night actually we have talked so we got about 5-6 hours of sleep each night!! We made some goals yesterday so that we will get about 7-8 hours of sleep each night. 

There is so much that has happened and I wish I could tell it all, but I can't. The sisters in our district are amazing! They are a great example to me and we have all been able to bond super strong. We are like a family here! I feel such love for each district member! 

Also I am a Zone Leader and so I was able to welcome the new missionaries yesterday along with Elder Pua and Sister Drew and Sister Spencer. We broke the ice for a lot of them which is what you do all the time and need to get used to. We also did a few other things and showed them around the MTC. We invited all the new elders to come and eat lots of food that we have, we have lots of food here! In fact the sisters in our district have a bed full of snacks!  There are four sisters in our district they are, Sister Drew, Sister Spencer, Sister Hatch and Sister Guthrie. They have great testimonies and have taught me a lot. When I first got here I was always lost, for the first two days.

It is funny because in my companionship  I am Zone leader, Elder Arp is the District leader and Elder Pullen is our senior companion, it is fun. 

We have learned so much in classes and we have also been teaching a real investigator. The spirit is so strong when we visit him. The investigator's name is Christian. It has been so much fun teaching with the spirit. 

I am flying out on the 15th. I think the airline is Delta. 

It is so nice to be trained here at the MTC. The spirit here is strong. I know this church is true, I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father above and I know that this work is the Lord's work. 

I love you all! Please continue to send me emails everyone!