Sunday 22 December 2013

Two mini Farewell talks!

This past week has been good. I am currently in Broomfield, Colorado! Last week though, I was in Bountiful, Utah. I gave my farewell talk in each ward. In this blog post, we will go over some events that have occurred this week due to going on a mission soon and then I will talk about my farewell talks.

This week has been a good week. On the 18th of December, I ended being an employee for Supply Link. It has been great working for such a good company! We ended with a dinner party at "The Roof" in Salt Lake City! The next day I flew to Colorado and it took about 6 hours from point A to point B because of the heavy snow fall in Utah. 

Last week Sunday, I was able to give a mini farewell talk at the Mills Park Singles ward in bountiful. I was asked to talk about why I have decided to go on a mission and what I have done to prepare for it. Today, the 22nd, I was also able to give my farewell talk at my home ward in Colorado, Broomfield 1st ward. I feel it a good idea to combine both in this blog. Just a heads up, there will be pictures once my weekly letters to home start in a few week! Please do keep coming back and join the Facebook Group

I would like to share some stories that have helped me prepare for my mission. Having moved a few times and having lived in three different countries has helped me learn how to adapt to change a lot better. But the thing that has helped me learn how to deal with change was when I moved to Salt Lake City to live with 4 other strangers to go to college. This was probably one of the biggest things that I faced at that time because I felt like my whole support system had been pulled away from me, I would now have to cook dinner for my self, I would have bills to pay, and so on. I was very homesick, but after a blessing which my room mates gave, I was able to view life as the plan of salvation teaches us, and I was able to know that this was just for a short time. I am grateful for the friends that I was able to meet during these last few years as they have helped me grow and learn.

It has taken me some time to get to this point, but I feel it has all worked out perfectly. I was also able to receive my Patriarchal Blessing about half a year ago and that was such a blessing to be able to get that and to see the importance of going on a mission in my life mission. I know Heavenly Father wants me to go on a mission and I know it will not only benefit others, but also me as I have been able to observe those people who have come back from an honorable mission and how it has affected them.

I have also prepared by going to mission prep and talking to a lot of friend about their missions. The best thing that has prepared me the most is gaining a testimony.

I would love to share my testimony with you today. I know that Jesus lives and also loves us all! I know that He died so that we may have the opportunity to return to live with Him and Heavenly father again! I know that the priesthood is real! I know that when we keep the commandments that we are blessed! I know that we can live with our families together forever! I know that this Church is very true and I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God who guides us TODAY. I know that the Book Of Mormon is true. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet and I know that the Atonement is real.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.