Monday 28 December 2015

DAY 720 - 726!


I go home this week! (Day 729 that is! - but who is counting?)

It is so nice to open the mail box and see my name! hehe. Thank you for all who have sent me mail and email these past years! It is so nice to get such things :-)

This week was full of fun things! We had a Christmas program up by the temple where we heard talks and music that absolutely brought the Spirit. After that we had a white elephant gift exchange which was fun too!

During all the fun stuff this week we have also been trying to visit a few less actives and some families who only have one or two members in the family. We have been sharing the Christmas videos that are located on Mormon.org. We were referred to a less active member last Sunday and so we decided to go by and visit them. But for this visit we shared 2 Ne 32:8-9 which talks about prayer. This then led us to have a good discussion - especially about the modern distractions that we have.  

Hope everyone had a good Christmas! We got to Skype our families that we only get to email once a week and Skype twice a year. We went to the James family - members from our congregation that we serve in. It was a  lot of fun and it was very nice to see my brother who is currently now also serving a mission. After that we played Phase 10, Uno and Monopoly with them. (It was our Preparation day - a new rule in our mission). Then we had dinner with the Baker family and we had some cool conversations about dreams and other things that are spiritual. Was a fun day!

A few weeks ago our mission was inspired to make a goal of 400 baptism in the year 2016! Each one of us - whether we will be here or not - have been asked to sacrifice something. We will not reach the goal if we do not sacrifice something and if we are not humble. But the goal is heaven sent and we can achieve this! I have been pondering and praying about what I can sacrifice - I came up with something but have then had doubts if it is good enough. Then in church we watched a Mormon message which was related to the lesson - but it totally confirmed to me that I should move forward with what I want to sacrifice which is to give service whenever I am asked to help - no matter what, how comfortable I may be or how lazy. I feel this will help me see the real picture of what life is about.

I know that when we help others that we are also helped. My whole mission I have loved giving service to those around me -  not only does it help them but it gives me more physical strength and makes me happy.

As I have served my mission I have been able to have a front row seat and see how the gospel completely changes lives. You see these people - and after they live the gospel you can see the light in them. I have enjoyed teaching people about the gospel, it is a neat experience to study for them each morning for a few hours and then being able to sit down with them to teach them. During those lessons I feel the spirit confirming the truth not only to them, but also to me.

It is clear to me that God lives and that he loves all of us. I have been able to feel part of that love as I have served others. We all make mistakes in life - it is scripture - Romans 3:23, but I know that Jesus Has suffered for all of us and that because of Him we can find hope and peace in this life and we can live again with our loved ones if we and they will just follow Him. Isn't that his invitation anyway?


Love, Elder Kloosterboer


With my Companion, Elder Gardner

Christmas presents from President

Christmas party 1

Hayward district t-shirt front

Hayward district t-shirt back
Hayward district t-shirt sleeve






White elephant gift




With Don

Elder Gardner doing service


Playing monopoly on Christmas Day after the Skype call

Full moon on Boxing Day